“The alumni list of Kendall College reads like a ballot for the James Beard Awards.” North Shore Magazine
Deemed “the Oscars of the food world,” by Time magazine, The James Beard Foundation Awards are the country’s most coveted honor for chefs, and food and beverage professionals in the country.
A Sampling of our Distinguished Alumni
- Beverly Kim (2000) made it to the final four on Bravo’s hit TV show “Top Chef: Texas” in 2012
- Jose Garces (1996) named the Food Network’s sixth “Iron Chef” and James Beard Foundation 2009 Best Chef in the Mid-Atlantic
- Doug Sohn’s (1995) restaurant, Hot Doug’s, listed as one of the 50 Best Restaurants on the Planet by Bon Appétit
- Mike Zakowski (1994) competed in the Coupe du Monde de la Boulangerie, or World Cup of Baking, in 2012 as a member of Team USA, which placed second
- Michael White (1993) named Esquire’s Best New Chef (2002), awarded a Michelin star in 2009 for Alto in NYC and nominated for James Beard Foundation Award – Best Chef: New York City (Five Boroughs) in 2011 and 2012
- Shawn McClain (1990) named James Beard Foundation 2006 Best Chef in the Midwest
- Tom Fleming (1990) named James Beard Foundation 2007 Best New Restaurant
- Mindy Segal (1989) nominated for James Beard Foundation Award – Outstanding Pastry Chef, 2007 – 2012
Visit our Kendall College Alumni web site for more alumni information.